“I am meant to love you, its as simple as that, I am not capable of unlighting the stars.” quote by A.R. Asher
Me, writing this type of blog is funny, because I used to be one of those people that never wanted to be married. I know that there are girls, and women that “dream” about getting married. It’s at the top of their “to do” list. That was never me. I ran from it like I was running from the devil. Just the idea of a relationship that was going to last forever seemed to be a total fantasy to me, and even if you did find someone that was really awesome, why did you have to marry them? I’ve always believed in that little four letter word, L-O-V-E. But I didn’t understand what all the hype was about; the wedding dress, the flowers, the actual wedding, bridesmaids, etc. Too much to think about! Well, a lot has changed since then.
Now, I love ALL things related to weddings, ESPECIALLY, the wedding dress. Oh my good Lord, the wedding dress. So many styles to chose from, I don’t know how it’s possible that a bride manages to chose only one dress. Below are just a few styles that I’m in love with.
Now, all of the above dresses are stunning, and I’d wear any one of them, if I were to ever get married again. But all of them are in that classic white or off white color. Take a look below at some wedding dressing with color!
So much color, all so unique and beautiful. The woman that wears a wedding dress with color has to be very confident and not scared to step outside the typical wedding box! But that’s the great thing about weddings, to each their own! I say, have a blast with it! If you want a pink or orange wedding gown, DO IT! You’re the queen for the day!
And the back of wedding dresses are just as important as the front of the dress. Here’s a few that I find to be exquisite and sexy, and just, WOW!
This post is getting to be a little too long, so I’ll end it with some ideas to consider when you’re looking for your wedding dress. And I do have some experience with this, I’ve gone on two occasions to help with wedding shopping, and it was fun, but makes for a long, long day!
- Have an idea of what you want before going into any bridal store. If you know that you want a princess gown, then start with looking at those types of gowns, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t look or try on other styles! Most likely, you’ll shop with a family member, or friends, and they probably will have their own ideas of what you should be wearing, so why not humor them and try on something that they pick out. Bottom line, it’s always up to you.
- Have a budget, a realistic budget! Sure, you can try on that $12,000 dollar wedding dress, but if your budget is only $2,500, be smart and stay away from dresses that you can’t buy, you’ll save yourself a lot of tears. Stick to your budget, because mostly everything about weddings can run up the dollars. No reason to start off being married more in debt than when you started!
- Don’t shop at just bridal stores for your dress. Macy’s, Nordstroms, and even stores like Anthropologie have dresses that could easily be worn for a wedding.
- Bring water and snacks. Shopping days can be brutal, we all know this. So be prepared. Have snacks like peanuts, dried fruit, energy bars. Anything to keep you and your party going!
- Think vintage dresses too! I have always loved the vintage look, and you can search for a vintage wedding dress in the most unique places, second hand stores, estate sales, or ask a family member. This will be where you may have to be more creative, but for those of you that are up for the challenge, this could be extra fun.
That’s it for now. I could look at wedding pictures forever! At least for a few hours. I wouldn’t have said that 10 years ago, but now…oh yeah! Just, take your time when looking. Let your inner goddess speak to you, and listen to your heart. Most brides are beautiful, and even the most goofy look is still in it’s own way, beautiful.
Here’s a true story from my past. I went to a co-workers wedding many years ago. She was very much a spoiled rich girl, daddy’s baby, and always got exactly what she wanted. well, she wanted to stand out on her wedding day. So, she walked down the isle in a white strapless wedding dress, that lit up. Yup, I’m not kidding. While we were waiting for her to walk down the isle, the lights were turned down (night wedding), and coming down the isle, like a Christmas tree, was her in her $20,000 dollar wedding lighted dress. And it wasn’t just regular lights, they blinked on and off. No lie, 100% true. I have to admit, it was not “my” idea of a wedding dress, but she loved it. For that amount of money, she’d better have, right? So, see? It’s your special day, don’t worry about what anyone else may think about your dress. It’s YOUR dress. Light it up, girl!