“Some people won’t love you no matter what you do, and some people won’t stop loving you no matter what you do. Go where the love is.”
To some people, everyone else is the problem, they never think that the problem is themselves. Everyone else’s feelings doesn’t matter. If you’re having a conversation with them, if it’s not about them or it involves them in some way, they aren’t interested. These type of people are narcissists, and none of us need people like these in our lives. One day, this type of person will just love you, and tell you that you’re the best thing that’s ever happened to them, and the next day, they won’t stop talking bad about you to anyone else that will listen. They are like a Jekyll and Hyde. And we all know someone like this, unfortunately. Here’s some red flags if someone you know is a narcissists:
- It’s always about them, and what they feel or what they think. They might let you try and say something, but as soon as you’re done speaking, they right away start talking about themselves again, and disregard anything that you said.
- They act as if they never make any mistakes. And if you try to point out one of their mistakes (you silly, silly person!), then they have a reason as to why something was wrong, but it won’t be because of anything they’ve said or done. Heavens no!
- If you challenge them, they get very emotional, and sometimes to the point of rage. How dare you challenge them? There must be something wrong with you, not them!
- Always negative. And I mean, ALWAYS! You could say, “oh, it’s a beautiful day,” and they would say, “no it’s not, it’s only 62 degrees, who likes that?” To this type of person, the day is always gloomy, people are always stupid, nothing is going right for them today, etc. Even if you bring up something positive, they would find something wrong with it for sure.
- Narcissist are not able to change. And why would they, because nothing is wrong with them! They feel justified in everything they say or do. They are always on the defense.
A narcissist person is very much aware of their actions, don’t be fooled. They often want to control others, and when they no longer can, they get even more defensive, and their words are sharp, and they turn into someone very ugly. If there were anything that you first liked about them, once you’ve spoken up to them, that person you sort of liked will forever be gone. In some cases, this type of person is damaged beyond repair. It’s not a game that you’re going to win, if you’re trying to lift this person up, or be a positive energy to them. They just won’t allow it.
Negative people, not only narcissist, will bring you down with them, but only if you let them. Learn to do the following:
- Do not respond to them. Don’t let their negativity pass on to you. Keep your spirit high, and if they try and tell you that something is dark, then find some light and stay there! Don’t let their negative thoughts creep into your mind.
- Only show them or speak positive words back to them, no matter what. This drives them crazy! And the more you stay positive, the more likely that they will walk away from you. They can’t be around someone that is happy, are you kidding? It’s against everything that they believe in! All they will do is criticize everything and everyone else, but you have to come back to them with only good comments, good things to say, and this will be so upsetting to the negative person, that they will walk away.
- Don’t argue with them, this is exactly what they want from you. They thrive on your emotions, and want you to be just as unhappy as they are. I like to just agree with them, or just say as few words as possible. They really don’t like this either!
The best thing that I can advise, is to just stay as far away from a negative, narcissistic person. I know, sometimes you just can’t. But if you do have to deal with someone like this, just knowing what you are dealing with, puts you ahead of the game. They are not the center of your universe. You know this already. Don’t allow them to push your buttons, it’s just not worth it.
Protect you spirit. Be good to yourself, and walk away from negative people. Protect your emotional state of mind. Surround yourself with positive people, people that lift you up, speak well of others, and look for the good things in life. We don’t live in a perfect world, but why only focus on the negative? Sometimes, in order to save yourself, you’ll have to find a way to distance yourself from the wrong people. Once you find your inner peace, no one will be able to steal it from you, as long as you don’t let them. You are important. Your peace of mind is important.